Link to cell shows 0 value

  1. #1

    Link to cell shows 0 value

    I have a workbook that is used for vacation time. I have a sheet for each month and on each of these sheets in column A is linked to the main sheet where employee names are entered.

    If a name is entered then it gets carried to all the other sheets, if there is no name entered, the following sheets show a zero for the data entered. Is there a way so that I can not have the zero showing on the sheets and still have the link?

    Thank You

  2. #2
    Figured it out

    Tools > Options > take checkmark out of 'Zero Values'

    So simple, yet annoying

  3. #3
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Link to cell shows 0 value

    =if(sheet1!a2="","",name)

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  4. #4
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Link to cell shows 0 value

    One option is use conditional formating, in the format menu, and create a
    condition to use white ink if the value of the cell is 0

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.