excel's new countifs...on 2003?

  1. #1

    Cool excel's new countifs...on 2003?

    i have found the exact thing i want in excel 2007, but it's not in the older 2003 version.

    I have 2 columns, say A and B, if it is current in one and the other says sold in it then i want that to increment once.

    all i want is the totals of the amount that correspond.

    Can any one help me please.

    Andy

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: excel's new countifs...on 2003?

    That type of countif can be made using SUMPRODUCT instead. For example, if
    you look for the value 3 in column A, and the value "sold" in column B, you
    may use a formula like:
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000=3),--(B1:B1000="sold"))
    Change the ranges and values as appropiate.

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.