Subtotals: Nested subtotals below higher subtotal

  1. #1
    RobN
    Guest

    Subtotals: Nested subtotals below higher subtotal

    I am having a problem when using the automatic subtotal tool. I am
    subtotaling twice, but on the second subtotal, some of the subtotals for the
    second item are showing up below the subtotals for the first item. This
    happens when there is only one second item for the first item. It then
    affects all highest subtotals from then on.

    For example:
    Sports Football NFC
    Sports Football AFC
    Sports Total Count 2
    Football Total Count 2

    (rather than)
    Sports Football NFC
    Sports Football AFC
    Football Total Count 2
    Sports Total Count 2

    Please advise if there's a workaround or if this is an Excel bug.

    Thanks,
    Rob

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Subtotals: Nested subtotals below higher subtotal

    See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831824/