Printing labels on a dot matrix via Excel

  1. #1
    sdrais
    Guest

    Printing labels on a dot matrix via Excel

    I am trying to print tractor-fed labels on a Epson printer. Each 'page' is 4
    inches long, and contains 2 labels with 12 lines on each label (i.e. 6LPI).

    When I try to do this, the page of detail looks like it fills the page in
    print preview, but when I end up printing it, its prints a bit smaller than
    intended and not printing on the labels in the correct area.

    I have set all margins to zero, and set the row height to 12.

    Is there any resources anyone can direct me to in order to solve this?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Printing labels on a dot matrix via Excel

    Printing labels from Excel is strictly trial and error.

    Best method is to use Word's mailmerge with Excel as the data source.

    For help on Word mail merge using Excel or Access as the data source.

    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:14:02 -0700, sdrais <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I am trying to print tractor-fed labels on a Epson printer. Each 'page' is 4
    >inches long, and contains 2 labels with 12 lines on each label (i.e. 6LPI).
    >
    >When I try to do this, the page of detail looks like it fills the page in
    >print preview, but when I end up printing it, its prints a bit smaller than
    >intended and not printing on the labels in the correct area.
    >
    >I have set all margins to zero, and set the row height to 12.
    >
    >Is there any resources anyone can direct me to in order to solve this?
    >
    >Thank you

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP