converting Number

  1. #1

    converting Number

    How do I convert from:

    1937.2
    968.6
    24215
    701.4
    1202.4

    -1937.20
    -968.60
    -24215.00
    -701.40
    -1202.40

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    put -1 in a cell
    copy the cell
    highlight the range you want converted and right click, paste special->multiply

  3. #3
    John Forrest
    Guest

    Re: converting Number

    May not be the best way, but why not change the NumberFormat to "0.00"
    then multiply the cells by -1.

    Or if you're not using VBA, set a cell as -1 and then paste special that
    to all the cells as a multiply. Then go and change the number format
    for those cells.

    Probably the most direct way.

  4. #4
    cool.. thanks for your help

  5. #5
    ok.. both way wrks.. thanks for the help guys!

  6. #6
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: converting Number

    Enter -1 in an unused cell then copy that cell. Select the range that you
    want to convert then select Paste Special > Multiply

    Sandy

    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

    "TaGY2K" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    How about if I want to add 000 in front of the number? ie:

    1937.2
    968.6
    24215
    701.4
    1202.4

    0001937.2
    000968.6
    00024215
    000701.4
    0001202.4

  8. #8
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: converting Number

    If you want three 0's regardless of the number of digits then use the Custom
    format:

    "000"#.##

    if you want a constant number of digits before the decimal point then use:

    0000000.#