Changing named Validation list to Dynamic list.

  1. #1
    GlenC
    Guest

    Changing named Validation list to Dynamic list.

    I've set up a worksheet where row 2 contains column titles and data
    validation.
    Below this is are the data entry cells with validation lists based on column
    title.
    The validation lists are named ranges on another sheet called Tables. I get
    proper drop downs.

    Some of the lists are queries and I want them to be dynamic lists.
    When I change a name reference to
    "=OFFSET(Tables!$B$2,0,0,COUNTA(Tables!$B:$B)-1,1)" I no longer get the drop
    down. When I try to GoTo the named range it doesn't show on the GoTo list.
    Formulas like "=CountA(Media)" work correctly.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Glen

    --
    Glen

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Changing named Validation list to Dynamic list.

    Named *formulas* are never visible in the "Go To" window.

    As long as the,
    <Insert> <Name> <Define>
    window shows the name,
    And when you click on that name,
    The "Refers To" box displays the correct formula,
    Then everything should work!

    Validation will *not* allow you to assign a non-existant name.

    Are you *sure* that you assigned the *right* name to the validation list
    range?

    And, you are sure that there is *still* a check in:
    "In Cell Dropdown".

    RD

    news:[email protected]...