Displaying a cell relative to the position to another cell

  1. #1

    Question Displaying a cell relative to the position to another cell

    Hi all - quick brain bender for Monday!

    I have a sheet that has weekly data in it. What I would like to do is find a way to display the value of a cell that is 52 cells (weeks) to the left of the furthest right cell with a value in it on a row. Or if this can't be done, then just the value 52 cells to the left of a cell in the formula.

    As ever, any help gratefully received.

    Regards,

    Chris
    Last edited by Tibbs; 07-17-2006 at 06:21 AM.

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Displaying a cell relative to the position to another cell

    =OFFSET(AC1,0,-(COLUMN(AC1)-51))
    will return the value in the cell 52 columns to the left of AC1. The
    formula would go into cell AC1 itself.

    To check the logic try it in a couple of cells that you can easily see at
    the same time, example:
    in cell C1 put a 6. In G1 put the formula =OFFSET(G1,0,-(COLUMN(G1)-3)) and
    you'll see the 6 show up in G1 also.

  3. #3
    Many thanks for that, it worked!

    Chris