Named range=Column title,comumn title in cellB6 use B6in equation

  1. #1
    Graham
    Guest

    Named range=Column title,comumn title in cellB6 use B6in equation

    I am trying to type a column title in a cell say B6, the column title = a
    named range.
    then I want to use the cell reference B6 in an equation that counts the
    number of times a word appears in the named range? Is this Possible?
    example SUMPRODUCT(--(b6="wip"))

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Named range=Column title,comumn title in cellB6 use B6in equation

    =COUNTIF(INDIRECT(B6),"wip")

    AP

    [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Named range=Column title,comumn title in cellB6 use B6in equation

    Hi Graham

    See the help for Indirect
    =COUNTIF(INDIRECT(B6),"wip")

    --