Help Excel malfunction

  1. #1

    Help Excel malfunction

    I have a user, that I have never seen this issue before with, he clicks on either a excel document or a shortcut to any of his local, or server side excel projects and they wont load, it loads the shell of excel and then we have to go from within excel to open these documents. Any idea whats going on??

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Help Excel malfunction

    Try this:

    <Tools> <Options> <General> tab,

    And *UNCHECK*
    "Ignore Other Applications".

    --

    HTH,

    RD

    "mingster" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    I have a user, that I have never seen this issue before with, he clicks
    on either a excel document or a shortcut to any of his local, or server
    side excel projects and they wont load, it loads the shell of excel and
    then we have to go from within excel to open these documents. Any idea
    whats going on??

    --
    mingster
    mingster's Profile:
    View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563683

  3. #3
    Thanks for the help, that worked perfectly, the user himself didnt know about that box, any clue on what could have checked it?

  4. #4
    Thanks, it worked great

  5. #5
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Help Excel malfunction

    Appreciate the feed-back.

    Appreciate the feed-back.

    Appreciate the feed-back.

    Appreciate the feed-back.

    Appreciate the feed-back.

    Appreciate the feed-back.

    Just thought I'd put them all in a single post.<bg>

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Help Excel malfunction

    If a new installation of Excel, this could have been checked by default.

    If not a new installation, I would suggest it got checked by the user.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP