locking formula in cells in without locking whole sheet

  1. #1
    SuziQ
    Guest

    locking formula in cells in without locking whole sheet

    I have spreadsheet for people to use so that they can insert data but I dont
    want them to be able to delete or change formula in the related cells. I am
    using Excel 2003

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: locking formula in cells in without locking whole sheet

    For the cells the people are allowed to input data go:
    Format....cells....protection...and uncheck the 'locked' box.
    Then protect the whole worksheet, this will allow them only to enter data in
    the cells you have formatted as not locked.