How do I insert map detail to a map? I.e. Cities, countries etc.

  1. #1
    house_of_simone
    Guest

    How do I insert map detail to a map? I.e. Cities, countries etc.

    I took a test for Excel 2000, and one of the questions was "Add the country
    details to this map?" It was showing the map of Europe. I have searched for a
    couple hours on the help and still no luck, I cannot figure this one out,
    help!

    Michelle

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    assuming the map was a picture, you can add text boxes to it, i think

  3. #3
    house_of_simone
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert map detail to a map? I.e. Cities, countries et

    Hi there,
    Yes it was a blank map of Europe, sorry, I forgot to clarify that one :-) I
    am tested again on Monday, so I will try that, I appreciate your response.

    Michelle

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    I tried it and when you try to add a text box, it deselects the map. So go through the motions of adding the text box, and with the text box still selected, hold down shift key and select map. now with both map and text box selected, click on draw, then select group. The map and text box are now locked together.

  5. #5
    house_of_simone
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert map detail to a map? I.e. Cities, countries et

    I printed out your instructions and I am going to use them, thank you so
    much, I REALLY appreciate your help! It's on Monday and I will let you know
    how I did! Thanks again...
    Michelle