Need to create multiple Pivot tables at once

  1. #1
    havocdragon
    Guest

    Need to create multiple Pivot tables at once

    Hi all. Here is my question,

    I have 14 Pivot Tables on this report that I make fairly often...7 tabs, 2
    Pivot Tables per tab. Basically, each tab is a region in the US, and 2
    different Pivot Tables for different types of inventory. Now, I 'could' just
    program a macro to do this in vba fairly easily, however, there has to be a
    way to duplicate a Pivot Table easily without having to run through the Pivot
    Table Wizard everysingle time...

    Is there a way to create multiple Pivot Tables, or copy them quickly?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Need to create multiple Pivot tables at once

    You can copy the range that contains the first pivot table, then paste
    it in the other worksheets, and change the layout or selected items. All
    the pivot tables will be based on the same source data.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3
    havocdragon
    Guest

    Re: Need to create multiple Pivot tables at once

    Thanks, I figured it out the day after I posted...I am forever looking for
    the most complex way to do something, and didn't realize it was so simple =)

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    "I have 14 Pivot Tables on this report that I make fairly often".
    .. if all PTs are based on the same data can you put the data in one sheet, "name" the range that contains the data and use that range name as the pivot table source. Whenever you change the data in the named range and refresh, _all_ the pivot tables will show the new data.