How to DISPLAY all data values in Pivot Table...not count, sum, etc

  1. #1

    How to DISPLAY all data values in Pivot Table...not count, sum, etc

    I have a list of APPLICATIONS used by our different DEPARTMENTS by REGION

    What I'd like to do is create a table that shows DEPARTMENTS in Rows and REGIONS as columns. THEN, in the data area I just want to display all the APPLICATIONS (ie no sum, count, avg....just list all the systems that match the Department/Region combination

    Any Ideas? Are there any addins that could help?
    Last edited by spot1234; 07-21-2006 at 01:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Tom Hutchins
    Guest

    RE: How to DISPLAY all data values in Pivot Table...not count, sum, et

    Don't know a way to do that directly, but here's a workaround (should be
    fairly easy to put in a macro):

    1. Assign a number for each different application. Make a cross-reference
    table with this information somewhere.

    2. Replace each application name with its number in your source data. Format
    the cell as a number, not text.

    3. Create the pivot table, summing the Application field. Nothing actually
    gets added together, because each combination of
    Department/Region/Application is unique.

    4. Copy the pivot table & paste special in place as values.

    5. Replace the numbers in the data area with the corresponding application
    name.

    Hope this helps,

    Hutch

  3. #3

    Re: How to DISPLAY all data values in Pivot Table...not count, sum, etc

    This macro seems to work ok for me:

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme01()

    Dim curWks As Worksheet
    Dim newWks As Worksheet
    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim LastRow As Long
    Dim LastCol As Long
    Dim iCol As Long
    Dim myInputRng As Range
    Dim myCell As Range

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False

    Set curWks = Worksheets("sheet1")
    Set newWks = Worksheets.Add

    With curWks
    LastCol = .Cells(1, .Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
    Set myInputRng = .Range("a1", .Cells(LastRow, LastCol))
    Application.StatusBar = "determining Region headers"
    With myInputRng.Columns(2)
    .AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
    CopyToRange:=newWks.Range("A1"), Unique:=True
    End With
    End With

    With newWks
    With .Range("a:a")
    .Cells.Sort Key1:=.Columns(1), Order1:=xlAscending, _
    Header:=xlYes
    End With
    Set myRng = .Range("a2", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp))
    If myRng.Rows.Count > 250 Then
    MsgBox "too many Training classes to fit on the worksheet!"
    GoTo ExitNow:
    End If
    myRng.Copy
    .Range("b1").PasteSpecial Transpose:=True
    .Range("a:a").ClearContents
    End With

    With curWks
    Application.StatusBar = "Copying departments"
    With .Range("a:a")
    .AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
    CopyToRange:=newWks.Range("a1"), Unique:=True
    .Cells.Sort Key1:=.Columns(1), Order1:=xlAscending, _
    Header:=xlYes
    End With
    End With

    With newWks
    LastCol = .Cells(1, .Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column

    Set myRng = .Range("B2", .Cells(2, LastCol))

    Application.StatusBar = "Populating lots of formulas"
    For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
    With myCell
    .FormulaArray _
    = "=INDEX(" & myInputRng.Columns(3).Address _
    (external:=True, ReferenceStyle:=xlR1C1) & "," _
    & "match(1,(" & myInputRng.Columns(1).Address _
    (external:=True, ReferenceStyle:=xlR1C1) _
    & "=rc1)*(" _
    & myInputRng.Columns(2).Address _
    (external:=True, ReferenceStyle:=xlR1C1) _
    & "=r1c),0))"
    End With
    Next myCell

    Application.StatusBar = "Filling the formulas down"
    myRng.AutoFill _
    Destination:=myRng.Resize(LastRow - 1)

    Application.StatusBar = "Cleaning up"
    With myRng.Resize(LastRow - 1)
    .Value = .Value
    .Replace what:="#n/a", replacement:="", lookat:=xlWhole, _
    MatchCase:=False
    End With

    Application.Goto .Range("a1"), scroll:=True
    .Range("b2").Select
    ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True

    With .UsedRange
    .Columns.AutoFit