Annual Percentage Interest cost of discount not taken

  1. #1

    Annual Percentage Interest cost of discount not taken

    Write a formula that calculates the Annual Percentage Interest Cost of the Discount not taken for any set of data. Can anyone help with this please?

    Thank you

    Uli

  2. #2
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: Annual Percentage Interest cost of discount not taken

    Sounds like a homework assignment to me.

    Assume the terms are 2%/10, net 30. If your invoice is $100, you can pay $98
    after ten days, or $100 after 30. So you want to know: "What rate of interest
    turns $98 into $100 after 20 days?" Feed those numbers into Rate, as in:

    =rate(20/365,0,98,-100)

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...