show all function with sheet protected

  1. #1

    show all function with sheet protected

    I use the protection with filtering on
    is there a way that allows me to have the show all function workable as
    this curently is only allowed with the protection off
    all assistance is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: show all function with sheet protected

    The Autofilter must be enabled before the sheet is protected.

    Then check the "Use Autofilter" option.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    derwood
    Guest

    Re: show all function with sheet protected

    hi
    thanks for the response but stil desnt work
    maybe im doing something wrong basically i want the "show all" button
    to work all the time
    is it possible it doesnt work in excel v2002
    thanks
    darren

  4. #4

    Re: show all function with sheet protected

    The "show all" button is still disabled on a protected worksheet.

    You could have your own macro that unprotects the sheet, does a show all, and
    then reprotects the sheet, though.

  5. #5
    derwood
    Guest

    Re: show all function with sheet protected

    could you or someone be kind enough to take me through the process in
    doing this

    thanks

  6. #6

    Re: show all function with sheet protected

    Record a macro when you do the work.

    Then take a look at the notes at David McRitchie's site:

    Post back with your questions.

  7. #7
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: show all function with sheet protected

    Dave

    Is this a 2002 thing?

    2003 allows "show all" on a protected sheet.

    I can't test because I removed 2002 recently.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  8. #8

    Re: show all function with sheet protected

    I use xl2003.

    And I couldn't use "show all" on a filtered protected worksheet.

    You sure you protected that worksheet when you tested.

    (And that's the way I remember xl2002 working, too. But now you're casting
    doubts!)

  9. #9
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: show all function with sheet protected

    Tewrminology coming into play here<g>

    My use of "show all" is not correct.

    Worksheet is protected with "use autofilter" checked.

    Hit drop-down arrow on column A and filter on something.

    Hit again on column A drop-down and "All" will unfilter.

    Correct that the Data>Filter>Show All is grayed out.

    Gord

  10. #10

    Re: show all function with sheet protected

    Darn words!