Calculations run slow in Excel 2002 SP-1

  1. #1
    Ash
    Guest

    Calculations run slow in Excel 2002 SP-1

    Hi,

    I currently have 2 versions of excel on 2 different machines. The
    machine with Excel 2000 runs the workbook fine when automatic
    calculation is turned on. However, the machine with Excel 2002 runs
    the same macros very slow.

    What seems to be taking long is the formulas in the cells. Everytime a
    cell is updated it automatically recalculates the sheet and takes very
    long. In Excel 2000, with the same settings it takes a fraction of the
    time. Very confused with this problem.

    Has anyone encountered this problem?

    Thanks

    Ash

  2. #2
    Evan
    Guest

    RE: Calculations run slow in Excel 2002 SP-1

    I frame my macros with (assuming you're not using UDFs):

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True