How do I perform a global change within/across Excel workbooks?

  1. #1
    wilytdbear
    Guest

    How do I perform a global change within/across Excel workbooks?

    We are attempting to use MS Excel 2000 as a desktop publishing program. I am
    the new tech writer assigned to make this thing work and am having problems
    with pagination, global changes when revisions are made (revision number on
    the bottom of each page, for example) and size of some files (we are
    importing hi-resolution photos from Adobe Illustrator into boxes placed on an
    Excel template sheet). Is there an object-linking (OLE) tool in this version
    of Excel or newer versions so I can reduce file size? Finally, is there a
    better Office product on which to perform these miracles? I know traditional
    desktop publishing software (like FramMaker, Quark, Ventura) are preferable
    but that would be a hard sell in this environment. Thanks for any help you
    can provide!! -Lon Schwartz

  2. #2
    Gilles Desjardins
    Guest

    Re: How do I perform a global change within/across Excel workbooks?

    You can do desktop publishing with Word.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sheila D
    Guest

    RE: How do I perform a global change within/across Excel workbooks?

    Try PowerPoint or Word if you are restricted to the Office suite, or
    Publisher if you have that would be even better. Can't imagine using Excel as
    a DTP package I must say!

    HTH - Sheila
    www.c-i-m-s.com