Addin Help

  1. #1

    Addin Help

    I created some VB code and saved the file as a .XLA and put it in the right directory for addins. Now, when i open excel, the macro is not available.
    How can i make my macro available to run anytime I open excel?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Addin Help

    What do you consider the "right" directory for add-ins?

    Office\Library is the default folder for add-ins.

    Excel sees them in there.

    In Tools>Add-ins browse to where you stored the add-in and d-click on the
    add-in.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3

    Re: Addin Help

    And you can put those addins in any drive/folder you want.

    You can click on the Browse button in Tools|Addins to install any addin from any
    location. This is nice when your folder is on a network drive and the addin is
    shared with lots of people.

  4. #4
    OK, I'm almost there. I cannot get the macro to run when I open a brand new excel sheet. What am I doing wrong?

  5. #5

    Re: Addin Help

    If you want the macro to run each time you open an existing workbook (or create
    a new workbook), you'll need an application event.

    See Chip Pearson's site:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm