Summing formula

  1. #1

    Unhappy Summing formula

    Hi all,

    Having a hell of a time trying to get a formula that will do the following

    On one worksheet i have the following table

    Item Number used Date
    12345 2 18/07/06
    56789 2 20/07/06
    12345 1 18/07/06

    On another worksheet i need to have:

    Date (return on single date if used more than once on the same day)
    The item number (return a single item code if used more than once on the same day)
    The total number used so that what I get is the following:
    item Number DAte
    12345 3 18/07/06
    56789 2 20/07/06

    Normally this wouldn't be hard but i'm having a damn rough time trying to match all THREE criteria....

    Thanks all
    Sandi

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: Summing formula

    rhani111 wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Having a hell of a time trying to get a formula that will do the
    > following
    >
    > On one worksheet i have the following table
    >
    > Item Number used Date
    > 12345 2 18/07/06
    > 56789 2 20/07/06
    > 12345 1 18/07/06
    >
    > On another worksheet i need to have:
    >
    > Date (return on single date if used more than once on the same day)
    > The item number (return a single item code if used more than once on
    > the same day)
    > The total number used so that what I get is the following:
    > item Number DAte
    > 12345 3 18/07/06
    > 56789 2 20/07/06
    >
    > Normally this wouldn't be hard but i'm having a damn rough time trying
    > to match all THREE criteria....
    >
    > Thanks all
    > Sandi

    Hi Sandi,

    I think you could use the SUMPRODUCT function...

    --
    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy

  3. #3

    I have tried the sumproduct and sumif functions...i cannot seem to get it to work?? That's why I ended up posting here....cheers

  4. #4
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: Summing formula

    rhani111 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have tried the sumproduct and sumif functions...i cannot seem to get
    > it to work?? That's why I ended up posting here....cheers

    I think SUMPRODUCT should be the most suitable to your case. If you like,
    you could upload a small example file to www.savefile.com

  5. #5
    Ok...I tried this last night but we'll try again ....LOL
    Attached Files Attached Files