I WANT TO HIDE THIS #DIV0!

  1. #1
    HERNAN
    Guest

    I WANT TO HIDE THIS #DIV0!

    I had a formula in a cell, that when ocurred I want it to hide, it says
    #DIV0! and when I try to sort that column it mess everything that message.
    I would like for example to say 0 instead of that error message, but I don't
    know how to do it.
    I would appriciate any help.
    Thank you

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: I WANT TO HIDE THIS #DIV0!

    Hi herman,

    use in an if function in your cell eg. =if(iserror(a1/a2),0,(a1;a2))

    change a1 a2 per your original formulas

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: I WANT TO HIDE THIS #DIV0!

    One way:

    If your formula is, for example,

    =A1/B1

    then use

    =IF(B1<>0,A1/B1,0)

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: I WANT TO HIDE THIS #DIV0!

    Note that this will mask other valid errors as well (e.g., a #VALUE! or
    #REF! error), so that those errors may not be noticed.

    Generally, one should trap only for expected errors.

  5. #5
    HERNAN
    Guest

    RE: I WANT TO HIDE THIS #DIV0!

    Thank you, but There is any other way because I have more than 1500 formulas,
    and I don't want to go each by each one.
    Something like formating or view
    O brigado

  6. #6
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: I WANT TO HIDE THIS #DIV0!

    1500 formulas is easy to replace if they are equal. How many /different/
    formulas do you have that returns Div0 ?
    I believe you should get rid of the error, not the error message.

    Best wishes Harald

    "HERNAN" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    HERNAN
    Guest

    Re: I WANT TO HIDE THIS #DIV0!

    Yes boths works, but there is anyway to format the hole column at once so
    doesn't show the errors

  8. #8
    HERNAN
    Guest

    Re: I WANT TO HIDE THIS #DIV0!

    Is a payment sheet so all the time I'm going to have ceros on the accounts.
    But I only need to sort the ones that have numbers on it, when I try to do
    it. sorts the #DIV!0 first, and I don't want that.

  9. #9
    SimonCC
    Guest

    Re: I WANT TO HIDE THIS #DIV0!

    You can just copy the formula in the first cell, then paste it down the
    column as far as you need. That will fix the whole column.

    -Simon

  10. #10
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: I WANT TO HIDE THIS #DIV0!

    I understand that you want the #Div0 to go away or behave differently, and I
    am trying to help you with it. But I can't do that unless you give me the
    information I ask for.

    The #Div0 is shown in a formula cell. What is the formula ?