Menus options are grayed out in Excel 2003

  1. #1
    Kimi
    Guest

    Menus options are grayed out in Excel 2003

    I'm having trouble with several of my menu options being grayed out in Excel
    2003. When I have a blank workbook option, several options are not available
    to me: options, security, protection, macros, formula auditing, inserting
    rows, columns, pictures, etc. However, if I sign into my husband's user
    account, those options are all available to me. My profile is assigned as an
    administrator, so I should have full accesss. The odd thing is that this is
    only doing this in Excel and no other office programs.

    My company gives us Excel docs with macros to report our financials. My main
    frustration is that I don't have the option to change my security levels to
    enable macros under my profile using Excel. I have the option to enable
    macros under my husband's profile when I sign into his.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor Excelenator's Avatar
    Wantagh, NY
    If the workbook is shared then some of the menu items will be grayed out. You have to unshare the workbook and then you will have full functionality.
    ONLY APPLIES TO VBA RESPONSES WHERE APPROPRIATE
    To insert code into the VBE (Visual Basic Editor)
    1. Copy the code.
    2. Open workbook to paste code into.
    3. Right click any worksheet tab, select View Code
    4. VBE (Visual Basic Editor) opens to that sheets object
    5. You may change to another sheets object or the This Workbook object by double clicking it in the Project window
    6. In the blank space below the word "General" paste the copied code.

  3. #3
    Kimi
    Guest

    Re: Menus options are grayed out in Excel 2003

    The workbook is not shared and I'm having this problem on every single file
    that I open with Excel, not just one. If I just open a blank workbook, I
    still do not have the ability to use about four menu options under each main
    menu.

    But I don't have this problem under my husband's profile.