linked data and pivot reports

  1. #1
    Ricoy-Chicago
    Guest

    linked data and pivot reports

    I have an MS query that import certain records based on parameters entered by
    the user. No problem here.
    I created the report using the wizard, I selected the range based on the
    parameters that I entered. The problem is that I do not know the possible
    number of records, therefore the report may not include all of them (the
    number of records varies depending on the parameters, it could 5 or it could
    be 500 records). I removed the check mark for the [blank] box in the drop
    down box in the reoprt. The problem is when the number of records is greater
    thatn the initial numbers or rows that I selected when the report was created.

    Question: Is there a way for Excel to select all the records given by the MS
    query everytime the report is updated?

    Thanx

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: linked data and pivot reports

    When you import the data, a name is automatically created, e.g. Query
    from MS Access Database. Use that name as the source for the pivot
    table, and it will automatically adjust.

    To change the source:
    Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and choose PivotTable Wizard
    Click the Back button
    In the Range box, enter the sheet name and range name, e.g.:
    Sheet1!Query_from_MS_Access_Database
    Click Finish

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3
    Ricoy-Chicago
    Guest

    Re: linked data and pivot reports

    Dear Debra:
    Thanx! I knew the answer was going to be easy. You made my day!

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: linked data and pivot reports

    You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it helped.