collecting data from many sheets to one sheet

  1. #1
    Khoshravan
    Guest

    collecting data from many sheets to one sheet

    I have same structure of data (same column headings) in different sheets.
    Each sheet name is a cityname.
    What is the easiest way to bring all data from all sheets to a single sheet?
    In the new sheet I should also add a new column and put city name (sheet
    name).
    Is there any written macro in the Internet to do this job?
    Some people may ask the reason that I want to merge already separeted data,
    but I need to have data in a single sheet.
    --
    Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
    Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

    collecting data from many sheets to one sheet

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor

    collecting data from many sheets to one sheet

    An easy way is to click on Data, Consolidate.
    Best regards,

    Ray

  3. #3
    Khoshravan
    Guest

    Re: collecting data from many sheets to one sheet

    Thanks. I haven't heard or used consolidate command. I checked the help.
    sounds good and will help want I want to do. But like other commands, help is
    not easy to follow at least for me. Is there any tutor in MVP for this
    command?
    --
    Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
    Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

  4. #4
    Khoshravan
    Guest

    Re: collecting data from many sheets to one sheet

    One more question about following link:
    I post my question to microsoft ng but it appears in above link as well.
    Could you please explain about this procedure?
    Is it automatic or is your setting? What is benefit. Generally what do you
    call this technique in web?
    will be happy to know more about above technique.
    --
    Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
    Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor

    Re: collecting data from many sheets to one sheet

    As stated:
    "These forums are gateways to selected excel related usenet newsgroups. "
    More info:
    http://www.newsadmin.com/bit/gatewayfaq.asp

  6. #6
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: collecting data from many sheets to one sheet

    Ron de Bruin has code that will copy data from worksheets onto a master
    sheet, and includes an option to insert the sheet name in a column.

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

    Khoshravan wrote:
    > I have same structure of data (same column headings) in different sheets.
    > Each sheet name is a cityname.
    > What is the easiest way to bring all data from all sheets to a single sheet?
    > In the new sheet I should also add a new column and put city name (sheet
    > name).
    > Is there any written macro in the Internet to do this job?
    > Some people may ask the reason that I want to merge already separeted data,
    > but I need to have data in a single sheet.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

  7. #7
    Khoshravan
    Guest

    Re: collecting data from many sheets to one sheet

    I am trying to copy a macro with a function from www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm
    site.
    It has explained how to enter the MAcro but not mentioned how/where to
    insert the function. how should I do this? sorry for simple question but it
    is my first time use function command in excel.
    --
    Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
    Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

    where/how to insert a function

  8. #8
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: collecting data from many sheets to one sheet

    Perhaps Ron will explain in the other thread, where you're working with
    him on the same problem. (Re: Consolidate different worksheets into one
    worksheet)

  9. #9
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: collecting data from many sheets to one sheet

    Hi Rasoul

    See
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/codemods.htm

    --