How To Open First Worksheet By Default?

  1. #1

    Question How To Open First Worksheet By Default?

    Hi,

    I’ve 3 sheets in my excel workbook.

    I want the first sheet to be opened by default when I open my excel workbook

    (As of now the last saved sheet in the excel workbook is opened by default)

    Could you please let me know how to achieve this?

    TIA,

    Regards,

    Arif

  2. #2
    Arif,

    In ThisWorkbook under VBA project (accessed by pressing F11) for your current sheet, copy and paste the following code:

    Private Sub workbook_open()

    Sheets("Sheet1").Select

    End Sub

    Where Sheet1 = the name of the sheet you would like the workbook to open on

    Note: You'll need macros enabled for this to work

  3. #3
    Scoops
    Guest

    Re: How To Open First Worksheet By Default?

    Arif wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've 3 sheets in my excel workbook.
    >
    > I want the first sheet to be opened by default when I open my excel
    > workbook
    >
    > (As of now the last saved sheet in the excel workbook is opened by
    > default)
    >

    > Could you please let me know how to achieve this?
    >

    > TIA,
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Arif

    Hi Arif

    Press Alt+F11

    Double-click ThisWorkbook and paste:

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    mySheetCodeName.Activate
    End Sub

    Where mySheetCodeName is the Code name of the sheet you want activated
    (e.g. in a default workbook "Sheet1" is Sheet1 and remains Sheet1 when
    the you change the tab name of the sheet).

    Regards

    Steve

  4. #4
    Jaleel
    Guest

    RE: How To Open First Worksheet By Default?

    Arif,

    There is no "last saved worksheet". When you save, you are saving the
    workbook. So before you save, go to the First Sheet, place the cursor
    somewhere and save. You will reopen the workbook with the First Sheet open.
    No need for a VBA code.

    Regrds,

    Jaleel