Autofill- Reversing Order

  1. #1
    Earl
    Guest

    Autofill- Reversing Order

    I would like to auto fill plan sheets numbered '1/5, 2/5, 3/5' etc.

    Reversing the order to '5/1, 5/2, 5/3' etc. works but I want to keep them
    in their original order if possible.

    Is there a way?
    TIA

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Hi,

    If '5/1, 5/2, 5/3' is in Cell A1 then in B1 enter =ReverseCell(A2,TRUE).

    You need to add the VBA code to the sheet first to work

    http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ReverseCell.htm

    VBA Noob

  3. #3
    Tom Hutchins
    Guest

    RE: Autofill- Reversing Order

    Format your starting cell as Comma Style and enter 1/5. It should display 1/5
    in the cell and 0.2 in the Formula bar. Select Edit >> Fill >> Series. Select
    data in Columns, Step Value = .2, Stop Value = the final value you want in
    the series, and click OK.

    Hope this helps,

    Hutch

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Autofill- Reversing Order

    Tom

    Maybe Comma style should be Fraction from Format>Cells>Number

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Tom Hutchins
    Guest

    Re: Autofill- Reversing Order

    Makes sense, although Comma Style worked for me.

    Regards,

    Hutch