Cannot maximize an existing workbook in the excel main window.

  1. #1
    Jimmy
    Guest

    Cannot maximize an existing workbook in the excel main window.

    I have an existing excel document to which, when opened from file covers half
    the main excel window. There is no minimize, maximize or close button a
    standard window should have. I cannot double-click the title bar to maximize
    the window.

    If anyone knows what the problem is or likely to be, I'll definitely like to
    hear from you.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Cannot maximize an existing workbook in the excel main window.

    Jimmy

    Sounds like the Workbook is protected.

    Tools>Protection>UnProtect Workbook.

    You may have to provide a password.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Jimmy
    Guest

    Re: Cannot maximize an existing workbook in the excel main window.

    Gord Dibben,

    Legend!

    Thank a million.

    Jimmy.