If TODAY >= [Certain Date in Row], Highlight this row?

  1. #1

    Question If TODAY >= [Certain Date in Row], Highlight this row?

    I'm tracking a bunch of my little projects/tasks via an excel file. It has their "Production Date" as a column, and I was wondering if it would be possible to highlight them in RED or something if it's 90+ after the date listed in Production Date.

    So, here's the logic I'm thinking, in pseudocode form: (Assume the row is 1, and Prod Date is Col. A.)

    If (TODAY >= A1+90)
    A.BackgroundHighlight == RED

    Yeah it's kinda java pseudo code, but I did it just so you knew exactly what I was trying to do

    Is it possible, and if so, how?
    Last edited by sasquatchbill; 07-27-2006 at 03:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: If TODAY >= [Certain Date in Row], Highlight this row?

    Have a look at conditional Formatting. Format > Conditional Formatting on
    the tool bar at the top of the screen. Check it out in 'Help'
    Regards,
    Alan.
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: If TODAY >= [Certain Date in Row], Highlight this row?

    You can use Conditional Formatting to accomplish this. Select your range of
    data to highlight, then from the Format Menu, choose "Conditional
    Formatting..."

    Change the "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is" then enter the formula:

    =TODAY()>=A1+90

    Then set your format (red background).

    That should do it.

    HTH,
    Elkar

  4. #4
    Nifty! That looks like it should do it.
    However, there's a few issues that arise when I try to do it:

    1) Is there a way to evaluate each row individually? Row 2 evaluates the data in A2, Row 3 in A3, Row 4 in A4, and so on...

    2) THe whole row does not get the red background color. Right now, only a few columns are getting the conditional formatting treatment in that row.

    Thanks for your help in advance! It's much appreciated.
    -Will

  5. #5
    -Bump-

    I've figured out why it doesn't do the whole row and I fixed that, but I still cant apply what I'm trying to do across all my rows.
    Is this something I should do in VBA? Not that I know how...