How can I get Excel to automatically change file path links?

  1. #1
    iupsk
    Guest

    How can I get Excel to automatically change file path links?

    I am trying to create an identical folder to one I already use. The catch is
    that all of the linked worksheets in this new 'copied' folder must recoginze
    the new folder name, not the old. I assume that excel can do this but
    everything I have tried so far doesn't work.

    This is what I want done:
    The folder c:\FY2006 is copied so that there is a c:\FY2007. I have
    multiple worksheets within 'FY2006' that are linked to other worksheets,
    within 'FY2006', that I would like to automatically become linked within
    'FY2007.' Every attempt I have done so far copies all of the workbooks to
    FY2007, but the links for each workbook still have the file path of FY2006.

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: How can I get Excel to automatically change file path links?

    From FY2007, click on:
    <Edit> <Links> <Change Source>

    And navigate to FY2007 in the window, and link it to itself.

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Madrid, Spain
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: How can I get Excel to automatically change file path links?

    Would be possible to make a macro of this for monthly updated data? I have a file that must summarize the monthly situation and every month the input files change for new ones in a next month named folder.