Excel Malfunction w/ update

  1. #1

    Excel Malfunction w/ update

    I tried to update my office 2003 that came with my Dell Latitude D600, which
    i bought through my college. The update did not work because it told me to
    insert the CD or search my network and browse for the installation source.
    However i do not have the CD because i bought it through my college and it
    was installed on my Dell Computer already, and i have been looking for the
    installation source and i do not know where it is. Now when i try to just
    open excel, like i have many times, office tries to config my office 2003 and
    then a pop up comes up saying "A required insallation file SKU011.CAB could
    not be found. However the other office programs are working fine This is
    frustrating because i have to hit cancel and it closes excel and i need it
    for college. Any help?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Excel Malfunction w/ update

    One result from a google search brought this fix from Joham Shason

    http://snipurl.com/u8k6

    In addition............

    Have a read here at this KB article.

    "Installation Error: A required installation file SKU011.CAB could not be
    found" error message when you try to update Office 2003 programs from Office
    Update Web site

    May help you with your problem.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP