Shared Workbook issue...

  1. #1
    NWO
    Guest

    Shared Workbook issue...

    Greetings...

    I have a 9 Meg Shared Excel file with about 30 worksheets that I use to
    collect data from about 50 users. Problem is that sometimes users encounter
    File Lock or Sharing violation errors. Lately, users have been complaining
    that they enter thier data, successfully save the file, only to discover that
    when they open the file again to review their input, their data is gone! Any
    ideas as to why these error occur. My understanding is that Excel supports
    up to 255 simultaneous users entering data at the same time. We don't have
    users who enter data in the same cell at the same time. These problems don't
    occur with all users, but see random.

    We will be converting to a database to capture this data soon, but in the
    meantime, we are stuck with the above situation.

    Suggestion on how to solve the above issues are welcome.

    NWO

  2. #2
    exceluserforeman
    Guest

    RE: Shared Workbook issue...

    hello,
    Rather than sharing the single workbook, have your users use a copy of the
    workbook with the original linked to each new user.

  3. #3
    NWO
    Guest

    RE: Shared Workbook issue...