Can I count conditionally formatted red cells in Excel 2000

  1. #1
    ExcelUser
    Guest

    Can I count conditionally formatted red cells in Excel 2000

    The worksheet contains "conditionally formatted" cells.

    The "conditions" are different for different cells

    Cells "that need attention" are formatted with a red background

    I want to count the number of cells with red backgrounds in the worksheet

  2. #2

    Re: Can I count conditionally formatted red cells in Excel 2000

    I would use another cell in the same row that mimics the format|Conditional
    formatting rules.

    Then use count that column.
    ....maybe =countif(a2:a999,"red")

    If you really, really have your heart set on using the conditional formatting,
    take a look at Chip Pearson's site for some tips:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm