HTML Table import

  1. #1
    Ryan Hafey
    Guest

    HTML Table import

    Hi,
    I have a HTML document which contains a large data of data. When this html
    file is imported into excel some of the columns get out of whack. eg. Some
    columns are removed completely. This html renders ok in IE but get corrupted
    or misread when imported into excel, mainly when the table gets big. eg. It
    generally happens after the 10000 row mark.
    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: HTML Table import

    Do you import it through data>import external data>new web query?

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ryan Hafey
    Guest

    Re: HTML Table import

    All i do is write the content to a file called "test.xls" and then double
    click on it.
    This opens in excel and attempts to render the html.
    If the file is called "test.htm" it opens in IE and renders fine.
    The file is around 3MB of HTML (which i know is rather large), so i can
    email it to someone if they want to check it out.

    Ryan.