Conditional Formatting based on multiple criteria

  1. #1

    Conditional Formatting based on multiple criteria

    I want to conditionally format blank cells in column B to blue when the
    value in corresponding cells in column A contain the word "Custom".
    However, once I place a value in a blank highlighted cell in column B I
    then want the formatting removed.

    Example:

    Row 2 - - Cell A = "Custom" - - Cell B is blank - - therefore cell B2
    turns blue

    Then

    Row 2 - - I enter a value in cell B2 - - the blue formatting goes away.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting based on multiple criteria

    Use a formula of

    =AND(B2="",A2="Custom")

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting based on multiple criteria

    Try this:

    =AND(A2="Custom",B2="")

    --
    HTH,