Some users sharing a workbook getting read only message

  1. #1
    owl37
    Guest

    Some users sharing a workbook getting read only message

    Hi all,
    I have a shared workbook. Some people can add to it with no problems.
    However, some people are trying to but getting a message of read-only.
    Is this possible because of their version of XL? I am checking what
    versions they have today.
    Thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: Some users sharing a workbook getting read only message

    There is a setting somewhere and it might be a default that if one user has
    the sheet open anyone else trying to access that sheet will get the read only
    message. There in effect can only be one version of the sheet that many
    people access, if they allowed multiple users to access the same sheet at the
    same time you could very well have data conflicts. First thing to try is
    make sure that when a person is done working on the sheet that they save and
    exit right away so that the next person can gain access. (Problems like this
    arise when people open a shared sheet then leave if open without actively
    making changes to it.)