Linking data between columns in an automatic way with dynamic link

  1. #1
    molo84molo
    Guest

    Linking data between columns in an automatic way with dynamic link

    I would like to know how to link columns on separate sheets so that when I
    change data in the column on one sheet it changes automically in the column
    of the other sheet, supposing both columns have the same name. They have
    told me Excel is not a relational spreadsheet but is there anyway to get a
    solution to my problem?

    --
    Any sort of help would be great. Thank you for your time!

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: Linking data between columns in an automatic way with dynamic link

    The column on the second sheet would have to use a formula that references
    the formula on the first sheet.

    Excel is not a relational db, you're right. It's not a db at all. It can
    just replicate some very limited functions of dbs.