Help cont'd

  1. #1
    A.S.
    Guest

    Help cont'd

    Let's say in cell H1 I am inputting data: 123456

    Now...I have set up the file so that the number of digits is checked to see
    if this is the number required. In this case let's say the number required is
    6...and this is in let's say cell L1...where length of 6 is being checked and
    in this case I would get an "OK"...Now let's say an option is changed so that
    the number of digits required or that is acceptable is 3 OR 12..so now I
    would get an "ERROR" message until the input is changed to 3 digits or 12
    digits.

    Now I have posted this before so the 3 or 12 digits comes form a previous
    complicated formula where I broke apart the data which came as "3/12". and I
    broke the 3 into one cell (L1) and the 12 (M1) into another. In another case
    in stead of "3/12", I may have gotten a 6...and I have broken that out into 2
    cells as well so that if the other option is chosen 6 will appear in L1 and 6
    will appear in M1.

    Basically, right now my formula reads:
    IF(OR(LEN(H1)=L1,LEN(H11)=M5),"OK ","ERROR")

    This formula is reading fine for the 6...which isn't broken out from a
    previous formula but is not reading correctly the 3 or 12. I tried the option
    which requires 3 or 12 digits and it still reads error and it still reads
    this after i have trimmed the cell. I hope this clarifies the situation.
    Please let me know.

  2. #2
    Wiley
    Guest

    RE: Help cont'd

    AS.,

    In your question you mention cells H1, L1, and M1. But your formula has H1,
    La, H11, and M5. Are the H11 and M5 intentional?