Two apparently identical cells in excel fail an equality test,Y?

  1. #1
    shane
    Guest

    Two apparently identical cells in excel fail an equality test,Y?

    I have two cells with the same text typped in them.
    But they fail all the possible equality test, may it be "exact"," =" ( with
    an if clause), "vlookup", ...
    Changing the cell format doesn't change anything.
    Visually no difference can be seen.
    If i retype the name in the problematic cell, then the equality works.
    This effect seems to randomly affect some text celle in lists I typped myself.

    There might be an easy solution, so if you know it, please let me know,
    thank you!
    S.

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Two apparently identical cells in excel fail an equality test,Y?

    Suggests some values have leading/trailing blanks (or non-printable
    characters). Use TRIM to remove unwanted blanks and see if this solves the
    problem.

    HTH