Opening Multiple Instances of Excel

  1. #1
    SJT
    Guest

    Opening Multiple Instances of Excel

    Currently, when I have a workbook open and then open another Excel
    spreadsheet or launch Excel again, the original spreadsheet is covered by
    either the new spreadsheet or a blank new spreadsheet in the case where I
    have launched the program again and then I have to go to "window" in the menu
    bar to switch. However, I would prefer if the second instance of the program
    would simply open a new workbook so that I could see both. Is there a way to
    adjust this setting? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Opening Multiple Instances of Excel

    Tools>Options>View.

    Check Windows in Taskbar

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Opening Multiple Instances of Excel

    With a file already opened in Excel, use File | Open (or File | New)
    rather than double-clicking another file icon or the Excel icon. You
    can use Window | Arrange | Vertical to see the two files side-by-side.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete