Linking PDF files

  1. #1

    Linking PDF files

    I'm having trouble linking my excel document to PDF files. I need to be able to click on the invoice number and look at the scanned image of the invoice. We can link current invoices that were generated on the puter, but not back invoices we've scanned in the past for easy access. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm pulling out what little hair I have left. Thanks alot.

  2. #2
    bigwheel
    Guest

    RE: Linking PDF files

    When I want to link to a document, I select the "Inser Hyperlink" icon then
    navigate to the required file in the "Look in" field of the dialog

  3. #3
    I've tried that and the icon in the toolbar, But it won't let me navigate to the image. It will let me see the folder but when I click on the folder, it's empty. I can go into "My Documents" and look at them in the folder, so I know they are there. Excel won't recognize the PDF files. Help.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel

  4. #4
    bigwheel
    Guest

    Re: Linking PDF files

    Do you navigate using the "Look in" field, or by clicking the "Browse for
    file" button?
    If it's the browse button, you need to change the file type as the default
    is for Office files. Alternatively, type the full path to the file in the
    address field of the "Edit hyperlink" dialog