locked for editing message

  1. #1
    George Applegate
    Guest

    locked for editing message

    We just changed servers over the weekend. If we try to open a
    spreadsheet and someone already has it open, it gives a message that
    it is locked for editing by another user, but it says "." for the
    user. In other words, for some reason it isn't giving us the
    informaiton who has it locked.

    Suggestions???
    ga
    George Applegate
    [email protected]

  2. #2

    Re: locked for editing message

    If you know the person who has the file open, you may want to verify that they
    have their name listed in:

    Tools|Options|General tab|User Name

    (Maybe you have one person who was too lazy to type their whole name and used a
    dot instead--I do that for somethings, too.)