Associating Tab Names to Cells

  1. #1

    Associating Tab Names to Cells

    I have a template that I use to track productivity of warehouse employees. This document contains 4 worksheets (weeks 1-4) and each has six days (Mon-Sat) with the same layout (see attached pic). Cells A4-A21 on the first worksheet are referenced for each of the following days so that if a new employee is added in the "X1" - "X6" cells (for example), all other related cells across all four worksheets are automatically updated.

    So far, so good.

    Where I am having a challenge is that I also have worksheets that contain monthly reports for each employee. I would like to know if there is a way to associate a tab name with Cells A4-A21 so that when changes are made to these cells the tab names will automatically change as well.

    I am using Excel 2003.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: Associating Tab Names to Cells

    I'd probably do this with a worksheet_change event with a named range
    assigned to the cells that you are checking.

    Read this for more information

  3. #3
    Barb,

    Thanks. I''ve never really worked with VBA so this is going to take some serious study. Any suggestions as to educational guidelines would be welcome.

    -Slave