Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Copy entire row to another sheet based on a criteria

  1. #1
    Brig Siton
    Guest

    Copy entire row to another sheet based on a criteria

    We have an excel file with thousands of rows that is being generated each
    month.

    This file has a list of letters sent out to our members and the type of
    letters with a 2 digit code.

    We need to segragate these group of members by the type of letter we sent
    out.

    The recordset looks like this: FName, LName, Address, City, State, Zip,
    LetterDate, LetterType

    Is there a way to copy the row, if the letter type meets the criteria we
    define?

    For examble, if the letter type is A1, the function will go through the
    entire worksheet and only copy the rows that has A1 as the letter type.

    Thank you very much in advance.

    Brig

  2. #2
    Gazeta
    Guest

    Re: Copy entire row to another sheet based on a criteria

    Użytkownik "Brig Siton" <[email protected]> napisał w wiadomości
    news:#[email protected]...
    > We have an excel file with thousands of rows that is being generated each
    > month.
    >
    > This file has a list of letters sent out to our members and the type of
    > letters with a 2 digit code.
    >
    > We need to segragate these group of members by the type of letter we sent
    > out.
    >
    > The recordset looks like this: FName, LName, Address, City, State, Zip,
    > LetterDate, LetterType
    >
    > Is there a way to copy the row, if the letter type meets the criteria we
    > define?
    >
    > For examble, if the letter type is A1, the function will go through the
    > entire worksheet and only copy the rows that has A1 as the letter type.
    >
    > Thank you very much in advance.
    >
    > Brig

    apply filter to column you want
    then edit-go to-only visible cells
    paste selection to wherever u want
    mcg
    or u want it to be done automatically?
    mcg

  3. #3
    Brig Siton
    Guest

    Re: Copy entire row to another sheet based on a criteria

    Thank you very much for your feedback. I was leaning towards doing it
    automatically.

    Maybe creating the formula to the worksheets where it should go.

    Can you help me on that?

    Thanks again.

    Brig

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gazeta
    Guest

    Re: Copy entire row to another sheet based on a criteria

    Użytkownik "Brig Siton" <[email protected]> napisał w wiadomości
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thank you very much for your feedback. I was leaning towards doing it
    > automatically.
    >
    > Maybe creating the formula to the worksheets where it should go.
    >
    > Can you help me on that?
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > Brig
    >
    > "Gazeta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Użytkownik "Brig Siton" <[email protected]> napisał w

    wiadomooci
    > > news:#[email protected]...
    > >> We have an excel file with thousands of rows that is being generated

    each
    > >> month.
    > >>
    > >> This file has a list of letters sent out to our members and the type of
    > >> letters with a 2 digit code.
    > >>
    > >> We need to segragate these group of members by the type of letter we

    sent
    > >> out.
    > >>
    > >> The recordset looks like this: FName, LName, Address, City, State,

    Zip,
    > >> LetterDate, LetterType
    > >>
    > >> Is there a way to copy the row, if the letter type meets the criteria

    we
    > >> define?
    > >>
    > >> For examble, if the letter type is A1, the function will go through the
    > >> entire worksheet and only copy the rows that has A1 as the letter type.
    > >>
    > >> Thank you very much in advance.
    > >>
    > >> Brig
    > >>

    > > apply filter to column you want
    > > then edit-go to-only visible cells
    > > paste selection to wherever u want
    > > mcg
    > > or u want it to be done automatically?
    > > mcg

    easiest way is to record macro on doing what u want
    i mean when ur done with filter - record macro
    mcg

Closed Thread