Changing format of comments

  1. #1
    HumingBean
    Guest

    Changing format of comments

    This is a trivial but irritating problem that I'm sure can be solved,
    but I've tried everything I can think of.

    The problem is that when I select a cell in Excel 2000 (Windows XP) to
    insert a comment, the Comment box is pre-formatted with my name, a
    colon and a hard return, and it's also set to bold-face.

    So, every time I add a new comment I have to delete all the text and
    set it to non-bold, which is somewhat time-consuming (although not as
    time-consuming in the aggregate as the amount of time I've spent trying
    to find the setting that started all this), and also irritating.

    Where can I turn off or reset this default format?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Dunstable, England
    MS-Off Ver

    Changing the format in comments

    If you want to permantly change the format of comments, go to the windows control panel, select display, appearance, advanced. Select tooltips and choose the format that you want.

    BUT ........ this will change the format of all tooltips for all your windows applications.

    This will not change existing comments.

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Changing format of comments

    From Excel HELP:

    "You can change the name that appears when you insert new comments, but you
    can't keep Microsoft Excel from including your user name."

    Irritating is putting it mildly!

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Changing format of comments

    Check out Debra Dalgleish's web site:

    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

    Scroll down to the C's, and you'll find just about all the answers to your
    questions on "Comments", including changing formats, name, and anything
    else!
    --
    HTH,

    RD