Number are rounded to thousand, but they now do not foot

  1. #1
    BGM
    Guest

    Number are rounded to thousand, but they now do not foot

    I am preparing a financial statement where the numbers are rounded to
    thousands. When I do the math on the rounded numbers I have rounding errors
    so they do not match the unrounded numbers. Is there away to get Excel to
    add the value of the number displayed

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Number are rounded to thousand, but they now do not foot

    Tools>Options>Calculation tab, Precision as displayed.
    Read HELP to know what happens.
    I don't know your case, but I myself think this a very useful option for financial spreadsheets.
    Always check your data! One famous disaster was where this options was applied, an interest percentage was input in decimals but
    shown as integer and therefore the whole calculation was wrong.
    Personally I find that about the most stupid error one can think of; just not check the input data.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten
    Microsoft MVP - Excel

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Number are rounded to thousand, but they now do not foot

    Tools > Options > Calculation and check Precision as Displayed
    --
    Gary's Student

  4. #4
    BGM
    Guest

    Re: Number are rounded to thousand, but they now do not foot

    Thanks!