How do I randomize a list of 20 people?

  1. #1
    Ken P
    Guest

    How do I randomize a list of 20 people?

    I have 20 people that I need to group in teams of 4 and would like for the
    grouping to be random each time.

  2. #2
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: How do I randomize a list of 20 people?

    Hi

    If the names are downwards in a column, put formula =RAND() in the cell
    right to each name and sort by that column.

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "Ken P" <Ken [email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: How do I randomize a list of 20 people?

    If you wanted to break your original list of names into 4 groups, using 4
    columns, say A1 to D5,
    with your list of names say in Z1 to Z20, enter this formula in Y1 and copy
    down to Y20:

    =RAND()

    THEN, enter this formula in A1, and drag across to D1,
    Then down to D5:

    =INDEX($Z$1:$Z$20,RANK(INDEX($Y$1:$Y$20,(4*ROWS($1:1))-4+COLUMNS($A:A)),$Y$1:$Y$20))

    NOW, each time you hit <F9>, you'll get a new random grouping list.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...