copy cells

  1. #1

    copy cells

    I want to enter values in A1 and B1 and have them appear in D1 and E1
    respectively. I can do that by just putting the formula "A1 and "B1" in
    D1 and E1.

    But, When I enter a different value in A2 and B2, I want the new values
    to replace the previous ones in D1 and E1 - and so on with A3/B3, A4/B4
    etc.

    Can I do this with a simple formula? I'm not an experienced user.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: copy cells

    D1: =OFFSET(A1,COUNTA(A:A)-1,0)
    E1: =OFFSET(B1,COUNTA(B:B)-1,0)

    Assuming there is no other data in columns A and B and that there are no
    gaps in the data

    Regards

    Trevor

    news:[email protected]...