I cannot see the result of a SUM in the worksheet, why?

  1. #1
    Nrippe
    Guest

    I cannot see the result of a SUM in the worksheet, why?

    I dio have a simple argument (Sum A17:L17). I cannot see the result in the
    worksheet, however when I go through the function toolbar the result is
    correct. Do you know what is causing this problem?

  2. #2
    Office Helper
    Guest

    RE: I cannot see the result of a SUM in the worksheet, why?

    Does the cell look like this: =sum(A17:L17)?

  3. #3
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    It is possible that your sheet is set to manual calculation. Press F9...does the sum now appear? If so, click Tools>Options and click the Calculation tab... make sure that Automatic is ticked.

    HTH

    Bruce
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  4. #4
    Nrippe
    Guest

    RE: I cannot see the result of a SUM in the worksheet, why?

    Yes, it does. I revise it many times wondering also about the = sign

  5. #5
    Nrippe
    Guest

    Re: I cannot see the result of a SUM in the worksheet, why?

    Great! I will try that, thanks.

  6. #6
    Nrippe
    Guest

    Re: I cannot see the result of a SUM in the worksheet, why?

    No, I checked, it's automatic.