Calculate an Excel column that contains numbers and #Values

  1. #1
    Kevin
    Guest

    Calculate an Excel column that contains numbers and #Values

    Dear All,

    I am trying to calculate a column in Excel but some of the cells within the
    column have #Value in them because of other calculations within the
    worksheet. Is there anyway to calculate the numbers in a column (in this case
    the number are set as a currency) and ignore the #Value that is in some of
    the cells.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Calculate an Excel column that contains numbers and #Values

    One strategy is to change the formulas that are returning #VALUE to an
    IF statement, maybe something like this:
    =IF(ISERROR(your formula here),"",your formula here)

    This evaluates the formula and returns nothing if the formula returns
    an error, but returns the formula's result if it is not an error.

  3. #3
    Kevin
    Guest

    Re: Calculate an Excel column that contains numbers and #Values

    Hi Dave O

    Thanks, but I can not get this to work, I am a bit of a beginer in Excel so
    maybe I have not explained what I am trying to do properly.

    €18.00 #VALUE! #VALUE!
    0 €425.00 €0.00 £0.00
    €18.00 #VALUE! #VALUE!

    1 €2,170.00 €2,170.00 £1,446.67
    Y 8 €63.00 €504.00 £336.00

    1 €460.00 €460.00 £306.67
    Y 8 €40.00 €320.00 £213.33

    €0.00 £0.00
    €0.00 £0.00
    €0.00 £0.00
    €0.00 £0.00
    Total #VALUE! #VALUE!

    As you can see above because the formula coming across is delivering a
    #value (which is correct) I can not total the column. I need some way
    ignoring the #Value so that I can total the column

  4. #4
    Dave F
    Guest

    Re: Calculate an Excel column that contains numbers and #Values

    What is the formula in your Total line?