Can I make multiple excel workbooks populate information to one main wrkbk real time?

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Can I make multiple excel workbooks populate information to one main wrkbk real time?

    To give you an idea of what I am trying to accomplish... I run a mortgage company and I have about 16 loan officers I personally manage. Currently each of them keep their own excel pipeline of loans in progress in their personal folder on the server, of which I have to go into each one to check on.

    I can design the new pipelines however here is my main goal. I'd like to create one large read only (to them) pipeline with all the loan officers names in it, along with the appropriate info to the loan. I would like to create personal pipelines for each of them to input their data into. I would like that data to be moved into the main pipeline and fill the appropriate fields. Basically I assume all of the design is cake, but getting multiple workbooks to sync is the biggest key. It really doesn't have to be real time, even some sort of script that would update the information in the main pipe from everyone's personal pipes.

    Does anyone know how snag information from multiple workbooks and populate it into a single main workbook without going through the manual exporting information stuff?

    Thank you ahead of time!

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Can I make multiple excel workbooks populate information to one main wrkbk real time?

    See
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin