Locking totals position

  1. #1

    Locking totals position

    Hi,

    Is it possible to lock a formulas position on a work sheet so that when
    a cell is deleted above, it will not move up the spreadsheet?

    Thanks

    Steve

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Locking totals position

    If you delete the CONTENTS of a cell (by pressing the <delete> key,
    rather than by Edit | Delete... | Cells | Move Up etc) then the formula
    will remain where it is. Alternatively, move the totals formula to the
    top row, so that it won't matter if any cells below are removed.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3

    Re: Locking totals position

    Thanks for the help,

    Thats pretty much what I thought about doing. Unfortunately they want
    the totals at the bottom and don't want any blank spaces in the
    worksheet! Quite annoying eh!

    Steve

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Locking totals position

    Maybe put the real totals at the top in a hidden row, and refer to them at
    the bottom.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...